in Managed Cannabis Operations
BSC Group provides scaled management services for cultivation, processing, and retail cannabis facilities. Harnessing experience gained while auditing, assessing, improving and expanding operations in 24 legal states and abroad, Brian Staffa and his group of strategic partners are exceeding the norms of operational efficiency, lowering production costs, and reducing risk for cannabis businesses.
• Pro Forma for Financial Modeling
• Real Estate Sufficiency Assessment
• Facility Design & Workflow Engineering
• Organizational Charts & Job Descriptions
• Application Preparation & Submission
• Sourcing & Securing Funding
• Influence Mapping
• GMP based SOP development
• Strain Selection & Cropping Strategy
• Automated Systems Engineering
• Fertilizer & Nutrient Engineering
• Integrated Pest Management
• Compliance Support
• ...And more
Working with BSC
The comprehensive array of services we offer allows us to come on board in whatever capacity your operation requires, and at the right time. We heavily stress the importance of a strong foundation, which is why we welcome clients who are at the very beginning stages of planning and building a team.
BSC Group’s successful track record of assisting applicants throughout the licensing process makes us an ideal partner for those pursuing permits in new states and countries.
Since the window to complete the formal licensing process is typically quite narrow, most successful groups start their planning prior to applications being released. Patterns from other states have served as reliable examples of what is expected and required in terms of preparation.
BSC publishes hourly rates for pre-licensing retainer services, and provides project-based quotes for application preparation and facility design. Services include:
- Real Estate Sufficiency Reviews and Planning
- Facility Design and Programming
- Pro Forma for Financial Modeling
- Development and Operational Cost Estimates
- Compliance Support
- Facility Equipment and Materials Selection
- Staffing Plans, Recruitment and Training
- Organizational Charts and Job Descriptions
- List of Preferred Third Party Vendors for Consideration
- Application Checklist & Plan of Action
- Application Preparation & Submission
- Sourcing & Securing Funding
- Influence Mapping
- Community Meeting Prep / PR
- Industry tours in CO, OR, and/or WA
For teams that have successfully navigated the licensing process, it’s time to engineer a facility with a design that is directly correlated to your operational SOPs. We cannot stress enough how important it is to avoid a disconnect between your facility and your operational plan.
We work with clients who are starting with greenfield, are renovating existing indoor space, or have an operational facility in need of upgrade.
A state of the art facility that is properly integrated with GMP based SOPs will maximize flowering space, leading to maximum yields and additional annual harvests.
Variable factors that can influence a facility’s design include:
- Type of facility – indoor, greenhouse, outdoor
- Facility layout
- Support column placement
- Room dimensions
- Variable costs by location/region – energy, water, real estate, etc.
- Local pest and microbial pressures
Beginning with your vision, we merge best practices extracted from other mature industries like commercial ag, food/beverage, and pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution, and combine them with best practices from the most efficient and most profitable cannabis operators in North America. This allows us to ensure that our partners establish themselves as viable competitors within an ever-changing landscape. We’ve established lasting relationships and buying power with numerous vendors, streamlining the supply chain and making ordering easier and less expensive. Services include but are not limited to:
- Facility Design & Workflow Engineering
- GMP based SOPs
- Strain Selection and Cropping Strategy
- Automated Systems Engineering and Calibration
- Environmental Control
- Inventory Tracking and Management
- Fertilizer & Nutrient Engineering
- Integrated Pest Management
- Equipment/Materials/Supplies Procurement
- Installation of Managerial Team members as needed
- HR Management and Operational Staffing
“We’ve worked side by side on several winning apps. Brian has become my first choice when looking for an operational partner with a ton of hands-on experience to contribute to an application. His understanding of regulations, attention to detail, and ability to deliver within an incredibly tight timeline is invaluable.”
“When asked by heads of state & government leaders for the most reputable resource who knows GMPs and SOPs in the US, I think of Brian. His experience and detailed understanding of nearly every state gives me confidence that he’s the one to help new countries develop their new marijuana programs and to provide insight from the US at the micro and macro level.”
“Brian has been a terrific asset with the expertise and knowledge that he brings in regards to the Cannabis Industry. His ability to understand each and every scenario presented makes him an extremely reliable source of information and he has been able to assist myself and my clients with different scenarios that very few would have been able to do.”